Biscuit’s Bassment: “Spotlight on You,” Igor Franca

Biscuit’s Bassment: “Spotlight on You,” Igor Franca
Prev1 of 6Next
Use your ← → (arrow) keys to browse

Meet Biscuit –

Hello and Welcome to the very first edition of “SPOTLIGHT ON YOU!”

You may play Bass, but can you really “Feel It in your soul?” If you can then let me know, because the chances are, that if you do “Feel it for real” and have raw talent, together with the passion, commitment and a story to tell, YOU could be in the very next interview with me right here at Bass Musician Magazine! I am looking to interview the, “Next Generation of Bass playing talent,” which myself and the magazine, feel should be heard worldwide. So send me your tracks and any questions etc. to [email protected] or at and let’s get Low.
In this April/May issue, I am very proud to announce my very first competition winner here at “Biscuit’s Bassment” as a part of Bass Musician Magazine. He is a real gentleman, and very modest too, despite his obvious talent and technique on the Bass, and wonderful writing abilities.

Please Welcome to “SPOTLIGHT ON YOU”…

BISCUIT… Well hello Igor and welcome to the very first “Biscuit’s Bassment” column, here at Bass Musician Magazine. Congratulations on becoming the very first winner of this, my new column for the new up and coming Bass players out there around the world.

So tell me, how did you feel when you discovered that you had become the first winner of this “Spotlight on You” section?

IGOR… I was just very, very happy and have just enjoyed this winning week so much. I have already told all of my friends and students about this and I have also updated my Internet and bass community’s sites with this latest news.

BISCUIT… I noticed that on your first day of winning the competition, that you had acquired another forty new friends on your MySpace page alone and had over one hundred extra listens to the songs on your profile player, which shows just what even a little publicity can achieve.

IGOR… Yeah that was great, and more to come I hope, ha-ha.

BISCUIT… Where did you first see the advert for this competition and what did you think your chances were of winning it.

IGOR… I guess it was January this year that I saw the advertisement in my email… I am connected to various bass community sites so I just thought I would enter and try my best. I saw your email address and just decided to give it a go, so that is when I sent you my entry track “Slap Landing”, although I didn’t have much confidence at the time that I would actually have a chance of winning, as I imagined there would be so many entries and the competition would be very tough.

Prev1 of 6Next
Use your ← → (arrow) keys to browse

View Comments (8)

April 2, 2010 at 4:21 pm

This Interview was an absolute pleasure for me,and Igor is definately one to look out for in the future. A Wonderfully talented bass player and a real gentleman too.
    Nice one Igor.

2. Jason

April 3, 2010 at 7:53 pm

Yes,enjoyed this interview, very well done and it was good to find out about Igor!
    Congrats to you both!

3. celi

April 4, 2010 at 12:24 am

1° winner who wonder, you deserve it, really notice that you touch with your soul and lovers down thank

4. Carlos Rocha

April 4, 2010 at 9:46 pm

Igor is a gret bass player and a great friend. I´m happy for this interview and I know that I´ll can see so many others like this and more sound of your bass.

Congratulations, Igor!

5. Valmir de Souza

April 9, 2010 at 12:03 am

Igor toca pra caralho !!! O cara é foda .. tem uma puta paciência com esse preuiçoso de merda aqui. Puta que o pariu, Igor. Botou pra fuder …

Igor is a great bass player !!! And a very nice guy … he´s a pacient teatcher for the lazy students, like me. God bless you, Igor. You made a great job …

6. Karl

April 13, 2010 at 2:08 am

Wow! What a thumb this man has!!! Congratulations to you Igor. And well done Biscuit on the great interview. Keep `em coming!

7. Trent Morley

April 17, 2010 at 12:52 pm

Great interview…It’s a true testament to the undiscovered talent that is out there..

April 24, 2010 at 6:40 pm

Well done to Igor…And great interview Biscuit, keep them comimg. :) x

I am known as "BISCUIT" and I am a self-taught bass guitarist of some 19 years now. I play 5 and 6 string Spector basses exclusively, and have used them all with many bands during live and recording work over the years. I am predominantly a "Solo" artist these days, but will play with any musicians if the circumstances are right. I am an endorsee/Artist for SPECTOR bass guitars and also an Endorsee/ambassador for HARTKE bass amplification systems. All of the above recognitions I am very proud of, and to be recognized by the likes of Spector and Hartke is very flattering indeed and I thank them all for their friendship and support. I am currently working on material for my second solo album, which is keeping me busy at the moment. Having said that... If anyone out there should require some "Biscuitised" bass on their projects, please do not hesitate in contacting me. My influences are so varied, that there is not enough room here to list them all, but in the world of Bass, my top 4 are Jaco Pastorius, Billy Sheehan, John Myung and Mike Inez. Bands and Artists are way too numerous, but I would say my biggest influences are from the world of rock, with the likes of... Thin Lizzy, Whitesnake, Journey, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Ozzy and more recently, and probably the best of all are, Dream Theater. I am a big lover of grunge too, so Alice in Chains and Pearl Jam are up there in a very big way. Having said that, I love the great jazz, blues and soul artists too (i.e. JACO, Stu Hamm, Marcus Miller and the like). If you would like to get deeper, then drop me a line and I will be glad to give you the full range. I use Spector Bass guitars exclusively, and my main weapons these days, are a 5 string Euro LX Custom fretless and a 6 String Euro LX both fitted with two EMG Soapbar pick ups, and my basses are only ever laid with Rotosound strings.... Roundwound Jazz bass 77's on the custom fretless, and Swing Bass 66's on the 6 string. I use Hartke Amplification exclusively also, which includes a HA5500 head and two-4x10 XL cabs. I also use a Hartke "Bass attack pedal/DI box, and a Harke HS 1200 1X15 kickback combo for home practice and teaching. I also use a BOSS GT-6B bass effects processor, which is really being put through its paces at the moment.... Great tool!!! I use KLOTZ cables, and also for live work, an Audio Technica wireless system. Visit online:

More in Latest

David Bowie Releases New Single, “Blackstar”, Featuring Bassist Tim Lefebvre

David Bowie Releases New Single, “Blackstar”, Featuring Bassist Tim Lefebvre

Steve GregoryNovember 20, 2015
MusicNomad Founder Gives Back to the Indie Musician Community with New Venture, Vindie Wine

Valery AmadorNovember 19, 2015
ShowOne Helps Musicians Stay In Sync with Pre-Recorded Music

ShowOne Helps Musicians Stay In Sync with Pre-Recorded Music

Valery AmadorNovember 19, 2015
Aguilar Amplification and DR Strings Announce a Clinic With Bassist Oscar Stagnate

Aguilar Amplification and DR Strings Announce a Clinic With Bassist Oscar Stagnaro

Valery AmadorNovember 19, 2015