NAMM Invites Members to Attend IP Academy... The National Association of Music Merchants (NAMM) is inviting NAMM Members to attend an “IP Academy” event on March 29, 2012 in Washington, D.C. to learn how to protect their company’s intellectual property, brand and trademark.
The event will offer customized training by personnel from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) on how music product businesses specifically can protect their company’s intellectual property, brand and trademark. The educational session will be held from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the USPTO offices in Alexandria, Virginia, just outside of Washington D.C.
The presentation will cover the following:
• What are the top mistakes that businesses are making in intellectual property?
• Information on obtaining trademark, copyright and/or patent protection, here and abroad
• Update on what the USPTO China Team is doing in China regarding trademarks including “trademark squatting”
• What the U.S. government is trying to do regarding counterfeiting and piracy
• How can NAMM members better protect their interests at trade shows, including in China?
For more information about the USPTO Global Intellectual Property Academy visit: www.uspto.gov/ip/training/index.jsp
Attendees are required to register in advance online here: http://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/event?oeidk=a07e5kzeevjfd…
The ‘IP Academy’ is a FREE training event. NAMM will provide breakfast and lunch and provide RT shuttle service to the USPTO offices. NAMM Members will need to travel to Washington at their own expense and pay for hotel as needed.