Bass Player News

Thoughts… Courtney Love Posts Craigslist Ad for Female Bassist – And Only Gets One Response

Courtney Love Posts Craigslist Ad for Female Bassist – And Only Gets One Response… The job listing was in search of a female musician but the lack of applicants has Love thinking ‘there’s just not a lot of chick bass players.’

What are your thoughts?

Read more on nydailynews.com

1. Carol Hatfield

June 7, 2013 at 5:24 am

We chick bass players are out here! We just might not be searching particular classified ads…..

2. desiree von achternbusch

June 7, 2013 at 9:33 am

total bs. there are more girl players than ever, we rock harder than ever and maybe, possibly, has this crossed anybodys mind, hellooo, ======>> we don’t want to play with that wreck of a human existence…???(saved bad language because didn’t want to be auto-erased).

3. Valery Amador

June 7, 2013 at 9:41 am

Desiree… thought the same thing 🙂

4. T. K.

June 7, 2013 at 9:47 am

As a female bass player, I’d be leery of answering a Craigslist specifically asking for “female” bass player., thinking there were ulterior motives in play. Maybe if was phrased as “all woman / female band seeking bass player. I would just be cautious of why my sex was a primary concern rather than my bass playing.

And to be honest, while she’s made some great music in the past, Courtney is not exactly the most stable human being on the planet and working with her would be a challenge.

5. Boogie Bassist

June 14, 2013 at 6:59 pm

Long live rock!!! (rock & roll that is) Find your calling & keep the dream alive! No shame. Don’t judge. You could be the one that saves her life. Heck I’d even play with her…and I’m not even a female. lol Keep it deep bassists!!!

6. Boogie Bassist

June 14, 2013 at 7:04 pm

Long live rock!!! (rock & roll that is) Find your calling & keep the dream alive! No shame. Don’t judge. You could be the one that saves a career or life. Heck I’d even play with her… and I’m not even a female. lol Keep it deep bassists!!!

7. MsChris

June 16, 2013 at 6:36 pm

In the article, she says she posted an ad along the lines of “Band in the style of Hole looking for bassist in the style of Melissa Auf der Maur.” Without seeing the full ad or other details, I’m guessing she only posted in her local Craigslist, and didn’t make it clear that the bassist would be working with the real Courtney Love. It’s too bad she didn’t just make an announcement on her website or through social media. I’m sure many talented female bassists would have been willing to take a chance, even with CL’s issues and “degree of difficulty,” just to have the experience.