Joined on: February 15th, 2010
Jake Wolf is a professional bassist from Asheville, NC. Originally hailing from the Boston area, he began playing bass in the sixth grade and hasn’t put it down since. Jake graduated from the Evergreen State College in Olympia WA, in 2001 with a degree in music composition, recording, and performance. During that time, he studied classical Indian music at the renowned Ali Akbar College of music in San Rafael, CA. While in the bay area, Jake was fortunate enough to study with virtuoso bassists Kai Eckhardt and Michael Manring while working with several local bay area artists and bands bands as well as working for Accugroove speaker cabinets and Zon guitars doing artist/customer relations, and dealer service.
Jake now resides in Asheville, NC where he gigs and records as a freelance sideman around the SouthEast, and also as a solo performer. His first solo CD “Time Being” features multi-layered compositions performed almost exclusively on the electric bass with the use of looping equipment. He’s currently working on his next solo release, as well as recording and touring with several regional artists. Jake welcomes your correspondence by email.
Jake is an endorser of Roscoe Guitars, F bass, Accugroove cabinets, Evidence audio and uses Lakland basses, EA cabs, and Markbass heads.
Recent Posts by Jake Wolf
- Benavente Guitars SCD5 & DCD4 Basses – Gear review by Jake Wolf
- Ritter R-8 Singlecut Bass - Bass Review by Jake Wolf
- Circle K Strings Balanced Set - Bass String Review by Jake Wolf
- Jule Monique All Tube Bass Preamplifier by Jake Wolf
- Genz Benz Focus Series Cabs by Jake Wolf
- Neunaber Stereo Chroma Chorus Pedal
- Tecamp Puma Combo 112
- Tecamp Puma 900 Head and S212 Cab
- Ibanez Promethean P5115K Combo Review by Jake Wolf
- Ibanez Grooveline 4 and 5 String Basses Review by Jake Wolf