dUg Pinnick News: King’s X and Living Colour Frontmen Join Forces For Duel Solo Project Tour
dUg Pinnick and Corey Glover to Perform Exclusive Shows…
Two of music’s most influential frontmen – dUg Pinnick (King’s X) and Corey Glover (Living Colour) are banding together for, what is sure to become one of the hottest tours of the spring.
This once-in-a lifetime, co-headlining run kicks off April 30 at the Tavern Music Hall in Marietta, GA and will hit such cities as Raleigh, NC, New York, NY, and Garwood, NJ along the way. During the tour, Pinnick and Glover will perform a selection of songs from both of their iconic repertoires.
“These virtuoso vocalists are routinely mentioned in the same conversations –specifically about the strength, tonal quality and individuality of their voices,” said Michael Smith, CEO of Zenergy Entertainment Group. “But the comparisons only begin there. I believe that this tour will truly showcase a side of each artist that is rarely seen before. For any fan who loves the depth, passion and creativity of these artists, then this is one tour that they will not want to miss.”
Pinnick and Glover are known as trailblazers of social consciousness in modern rock music. In fact, Pinnick has been hailed as one of the best Prog rock bassists and vocalists of his time thanks to his lifelong career with the highly acclaimed band King’s X as well as his own four solo albums. He has also made countless guest appearances on such songs as Pearl Jam’s “Dissident” and Dream Theater’s “Lines in the Sand”.
Glover, who is also a renown artist, is a two-time Grammy award winner and has been called a true renaissance man. He not only fronts Living Colour but also tours with funk band Galactic and, as an accomplished actor, has appeared in such films as Platoon and has starred in various television roles.
Both King’s X and Living Colour began making their mark (not so coincidently) as the hedonistic reign of the 1980s “hair metal” gave way to the more introspective and socially relevant angst of grunge.
For the scheduled tour dates*:
- Thursday, April 30, 2015 120 Tavern Music Hall (Marietta, GA)
- Friday, May 1, 2015 Amos’ Southend (Charlotte, NC)
- Saturday, May 2, 2015 Brewball’s (Burlington, NC)
- Sunday, May 3, 2015 Lincoln Theater (Raleigh, NC)
- Thursday, May 7, 2015 Cutting Room (New York, NY)
- Friday, May 8, 2015 Sellersville Theater (Sellersville, PA)
- Saturday, May 9, 2015 Revolution Music Hall (Amityville, NY)
- Tuesday, May, 12, 2015 Tupelo Music Hall (Londonderry, NH)
- Thursday, May 14, 2015 Orange County Choppers (Newburgh, NY)
- Friday, May 15, 2015 Crossroads (Garwood, NJ)
*Note: More dates may be added.