Journey Instruments Expands Line of Collapsible Carbon Fiber Acoustic Travel Basses
Journey Instruments, the creator of the Overhead® series of collapsible travel guitars, introduces several new colors and a fretless version of their popular Carbon Fiber Acoustic Bass.
This expands their line of full-sounding collapsible travel guitars designed to meet Airlines’ carry-on luggage size and weight requirements. (Read review in Bass Musician Magazine)
The OB660 Overhead Carbon Fiber Acoustic Bass
Whether a frequent-flyer business professional, or a traveling artist, now the hassle of traveling with a great sounding bass guitar on an airplane is completely eliminated. The TSA-approved travel case safely encloses the bass guitar within 22” x 14” x 9” backpack with ergonomically designed pockets for laptops, tablet computers, pedals, cables, accessories, and clothing. Practically everything needed for a business trip or live performance can fit within the overhead bin requirements. No more anxiety about checking-in, carry-on, extra luggage costs, or lost and damaged checked instruments.
Also referred to as the ‘Ultimate, Indestructible Travel Bass Guitar’, the carbon fiber Overhead is now the choice of many who play an acoustic instrument & travel due to it’s incredible strength, resilience to the elements (heat, humidity & pressure) as well as it’s ability to carry a clear resonant tone with surprising volume and bass. Carbon Fiber guitars have existed for many years, but never has there been one that sounds so good, yet features a patented collapsible neck system to fit within a backpack with room for gear for stress-free travel whether it be on a backpacking trip, motorcycle ride, boat outing or a flight.
The relatively small body size is able to carry a full sound through the use of a Manzer wedge and a Scoopaway™ (scooped-cutaway), which increases the air volume while keeping the top of the guitar close to the body for comfort. The Carbon Fiber Acoustic Travel Bass features numerous ergonomic design enhancements including a back rib bevel, an armrest bevel, and a thin profile neck.
Features of the Overhead Carbon Fiber Travel Bass include:
- Patented removable neck with dual actual truss rod
- Extra deep Manzer wedge design
- Under-bridge transducer pickup
- Unidirectional carbon fiber radiused soundboard
- Beveled back rib-rest and Soundboard arm-rest
- Scoopaway™ cutaway with access to all 17 frets
- Offset sound-hold and radiused soundboard
- 27” scale, 1 23/32” nut width, 2.2” nut width at 12th fret
- Grover 18:1 hi-precision tuners
- D’Addario 45/100 flat wound strings
- Premium-grade bone nut & saddle with ebony bridge pins
- Premium travel backpack with TSA compliant laptop/tablet compartment
- Fretted & Fretless versions in high gloss black
- New Colors include: deep purple, emerald green & ruby red
- Street: Black Fretted or Fretless $1199.99 w/travel bag.
- Street: Colors $1249.99 w/travel bag. Available only through authorized dealers
Visit online at JourneyInstruments.com