I don’t know about you, but I love progressive rock, and Aidan Hampson covers some of the best tunes from that genre in PROG Bass Transcriptions.
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, Aidan is on top of the game when it comes to bass transcriptions. All of the PROG transcripts are complete with notation, tab, chord changes, key and time signature, artist and title of the album the song came from, as well as the bassist that performed on the song.
PROG Bass Transcriptions by has 13 transcriptions.
I would even go as far as to recommend breaking the tunes down, picking out passages and playing them over the chord changes. Some of the bass lines in PROG can get really intense and can broaden your bass vocabulary quite well. It’s really as close as you can get to a private lesson and understanding what the bassist is doing by breaking down their lines.
PROG Bass Transcriptions is available from Aidan’s website at aidanhampson.co.uk/prog. Also be sure to check out all of the other complete bass transcriptions on his site!
Bass Transcriptions included:
- 21st Century Schizoid Man – King Crimson
- Aqualung – Jethro Tull
- Echoes – Pink Floyd
- Roundabout – Yes
- The Advent of Panurge – Gentle Giant
- Lady Fantasy – Camel
- The Carpet Crawlers – Genesis
- Fanfare for the Common Man – Emerson, Lake & Palmer
- La Villa Strangiato – Rush
- Kayleigh -Marillion
- Metropolis—Part I: “The Miracle and the Sleeper” – Dream Theater
- Arriving Somewhere but Not Here – Porcupine Tree
- The Price Is Wrong – Periphery