Taurus Amp announces the introduction of a new hybrid bass amplifier.
The Taurus Vandall-500 is a 500W/RMS bass head with a double input, including both solid state and tube pre-amps. The solid state pre-amp ensures great dynamic while the tube pre-amp provides a warm, soft sound. Both pre-amps can be steplessly mixed to offer the whole spectrum of desired sounds, from crisp and clear to slightly over driven tube.
The Taurus Vandall-500 is equipped with the very effective and easy to operate MLO tone control system.
The MLO (Mid-Level Optimization) system allowing for easy, intuitive and extremely comfortable optimization of the overall sound of the bass guitar.
The MLO System provides all-new possibilities. It ensures the most accurate proportion of medium frequencies in accordance with your manual settings of bass and trebles. This very intuitive and logical system supports a musician’s choice for the most desirable sound.
In addition, the MLO equalizer ensures virtually no change in overall volume while changing the bass frequencies. Unlike most amps, when adjusting bass frequency, the musician notices a change in the sound not the volume.
To sum up, the equalisation in the MLO keeps you within the correct range, at the same time allowing you to use the maximum potential of equalization of the bass sound. This is a big advantage compared to a classic solution, where you need to watch certain frequencies carefully to avoid overloading the speakers.
Extra precise control over middle range is effected by a parametric equalizer and pre-amp filters switches. Even thought the amplifier is operating in very low frequencies, the bass sound is still impressively selective.
The Taurus Vandall-500 is powered by outstandingly efficient high energy (SMPS) Switching Mode Power Supply which ensures extremely high dynamics and power in a light weight and compact amp dimensions.
- Power output: 500W RMS / 4ohm , 300W RMS / 8ohm
- 2 preamps – tube and transistors
- Inputs: passive & active
- GAIN control
- CHARACTER fluent signal adjustment of the input between two sections of the amplifier – SOLID-STATE and TUBE.
- Volume control
- BASS and TREBLE equalizer with “MLO system”
- Triple BASS-switch to reduce or boost low frequency [DBS-cut/OFF/DBS-boost]
- Triple TREBLE-switch to reduce or boost high frequency [CUT/OFF/PRESENCE]
- MIDDLE with PARAMETRIC EQUALIZER
- for precise control of middle range (250Hz-1,5kHz +/-12dB)
MLO EQ – TECH INFO:
- BASS: 40Hz +/-12dB @600Hz -/+6dB
- BASS Boost/Cut: 60Hz +/-6dB
- TREBLE: 7kHz +15dB / 10kHz -15dB,
- TREBLE Boost/Cut: 10kHz +8dB/-8dB
- MUTE button
- CLIP power amp indicator
- Effect loop: SEND / RETURN (jack 1/4 inch)
- LINE-OUT (XLR balanced) LINE output with signal level adjustment, PRE/POST switch and GROUND LIFT circuit switch,
- TUNER output
- SPEAKERS (combo speakon/jack)
- Protections: short circuit, thermal overload, power overload
- Casing dimensions: [H x W x D] 66x265x165mm
- Overall dimensions: [H x W x D] 66x265x190m
- Weight: 2.3 kg
Prices: 793USD / 696 EUR / 624GBP
Designed and Manufactured in Sopot, Poland. Visit online at www.taurus-amp.pl