100 Funk Grooves for Electric Bass: Learn 100 Bass Guitar Riffs & Licks in the Style of the Funk Legends…
100 Funk Grooves for Electric Bass is your complete guide to mastering the essential skills of funk bass groove. From old school to new, Funk has never gone away, because it’s all about the groove. Here, Dan Hawkins teaches what you can learn from the funk bass players who laid down the story of funk on thousands of deep cuts.
Discover 100 Funk Bass Grooves
So much more than simply a book of licks, you’ll learn the funk bass groove secrets of the world’s most influential and sought-after bass players. You’ll nail the groove styles of:
- The Pioneers: Bootsy Collins, Larry Graham
- The Groove Masters: Bernard Edwards (Chic), Mark Adams (Slave), Verdine White (Earth, Wind & Fire)
- The Technicians: Rocco Prestia (Tower of Power), Jaco Pastorius (Weather Report), Bobby Vega (Sly Stone, Tower of Power, Joe Satriani)
- The Jazz-Funksters: Paul Jackson (Herbie Hancock), Abraham Laboriel (Michael Jackson), Incognito
- The Funk-Rockers: Flea (Red Hot Chili Peppers), Les Claypool (Primus), Tim Commerford (Rage Against the Machine)
The Recipe for a Perfect Bass Groove
We all know a great groove when we hear it, but what makes it so compelling? In 100 Funk Grooves for Electric Bass you’ll drill down into every essential technique needed to create your own super-bad basslines, all while growing your bass lick vocabulary.
Electric Bass Skills You’ll Learn:
- Essential scales and arpeggios and how to use them
- Perfect syncopated note placement and rhythmic space
- How to play fast and accurate
- Legato hammer-ons and pull-offs
- How to slap, pop and tap the right way!
- Special finger and pick techniques
Get Your Bass Groove Playing Up To Scratch
Funk bass is the driving force and inspiration behind some of the most popular tunes ever recorded and has touched every area of groove-based music: Pop, Soul, RnB, Jazz and Rock. If you want to be the perfect bass player, you owe it to yourself to learn to lay it down.
100 Funk Grooves for Electric Bass
Each section of the book profiles an iconic funk bass player and gives a rundown of the instruments and gear used to create their tone.
Bonus 1: As well as a FREE download of 100 studio-quality audio examples, we’ve created a special Spotify playlist of essential tunes to get you in the groove.
Bonus 2: 4 x bonus videos walk you through the most challenging techniques, step-by-step, with detailed breakdowns.
Bonus 3: Studio-quality backing tracks and isolated drums loops to get you in the groove.
100 Funk Grooves for Electric Bass available at Amazon.com