TuneCore, the premier provider of digital music distribution and publishing administration services, announced today that TuneCore Artists have earned over $371 million in earnings since the first music release was distributed in 2006. The earnings are driven by over 5 billion downloads and streams during the same period.
In 2013 alone, TuneCore Artists earned $121 million (+19% growth versus 2012) from over 3 billion downloads and streams (+174% growth versus 2012). The strong acceleration in artists’ earnings is only part of the story. Just as impressive is the worldwide exposure and industry recognition TuneCore Artists achieved in 2013.
2013 TuneCore Artist Highlights
- TuneCore Artists earned $121 million in earnings from over 3 billion downloads and streams.
- TuneCore Artists represented one-third of the performers at SXSW.
- They won many industry accolades, including Grammy, CMA and YouTube Music Video awards.
- They competed successfully on The Voice for a third consecutive season.
- TuneCore Artist compositions were secured for high profile opportunities in TV, film, and advertising through the efforts of the TuneCore Publishing Administration Creative team.
“TuneCore congratulates all our artists on their personal success – be it measured in earnings, recognition or by getting their music heard around the world,” says Scott Ackerman, TuneCore President and COO. “We’ll continue to build on the momentum we created this year and support artists, managers and labels by expanding on the new initiatives launched in 2013,” continues Ackerman.