BASS2BASS with FREEKBASS – Ryan Stasik
Ryan Stasik is one of the good ones.
While being a musical anchor for one of the most successful touring bands out there, Umphrey’s McGee, he supernaturally manages to balance his role as husband, father and trailblazing bassist. While all of this might be a lot on any musicians’ plate, he is now additionally playing bass with the new and cutting edge synth-wave band, Doom Flamingo.
His musical journey has been a fascinating one, and it feels like he is just revving up.
I am honored and excited to interview Ryan for this month’s edition of BASS2BASS with Freekbass.
– If your bass could transform into a car, what would that car be including color, year and make?
That’s easy. 1979 Trans Am. Black & Gold baby, Bandit edition.
– Life on the road: best thing? Hardest part?
The best part is seeing the world with your brothers and being able to share your music with the fans. The hardest pa
– Umphrey’s McGee vs. Doom Flamingo: when creating basslines, do you have a different approach, depending on which band you are writing with?
I definitely use more synth-driven effects and pedals with my
– If your bass-strap doubled as a utility belt, what items would be in it?
– What bass player would make the best superhero and why?
Tough one. Here we go!
*For more info on Ryan check out: umphreys.com and doomflamingo.com