Wanted: 25 Worthy Bass Players to Receive A Free Copy of The Pattern System for the Bass Player
FRIENDS OF ARISBASSBLOG SPONSORING 25 “PATTERN SYSTEM FOR THE BASS PLAYER” BOOKS TO WORTHY RECIPIENTS – APPLICATIONS OPEN NOW…
BACKGROUND: The Ariane Cap bass community has a new initiative where they will be selecting 25 worthy bass players to receive a free copy of her book The Pattern System for the Bass Player with 111 teaching videos and a full blown academic study guide.
ROOTS OF THE INITIATIVE: Cap initially published her new book The Pattern System for the Bass Player with an Indiegogo campaign. One of Cap’s students enjoyed the program so much that he started the ball rolling by paying for a book and program for another student. Several “sponsors” followed suit and now 25 friends have purchased the book and program for 25 lucky soon-to-be recipients.
THE OPPORTUNITY: Looking for 25 dedicated bassists ready to learn, who can’t afford to buy the book right now.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
• Is the right person for this book: Has basic music theory knowledge either through Ariane Cap’s first book or from prior study. Must know intervals, key signatures and scales, modes, chords, the diatonic cycle.
• Is ambitious and dedicated but can’t afford the book right now.
• Loves Learning, dreams big, has professional aspirations or just wants to play better.
• All backgrounds, ages and abilities starting at intermediate are welcome to participate.
HOW TO QUALIFY:
• Record a 3-minute video (see below for content) and upload to your YouTube channel
• Send YouTube video link to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Must be received by October 10th, 2021
INCLUDE IN YOUR VIDEO:
• First minute of video – share your bass story, why you would benefit from receiving the book, how dedicated you are and anything else that would help us understand why you would make the best of this opportunity. No need to go into the details of the financial circumstances.
• The next two minutes – play bass over this jam track: groove, solo, do what you like. It can be simple but we want to see you demonstrate a basic understanding of theory. If you are a smoking hot player, by all means, go for it!
• Committee will judge by technical ability (which can be basic), musicality and originality.
• There is no requirement to substantiate or explain circumstances for financial need. It is understood and trusted that only those who cannot afford to buy the book at this time will apply.
HOW QUALIFYING RECIPIENTS WILL BE SELECTED:
• Deciding Committee includes the authors, Ari and Wolf, head coach Fred and coaches of Ari’s 2021 New Year cohort.
• The Committee will honor the spirit of the donors by doing its best to select bassists who are eager and motivated to improve their skills.
• Only one entry per person
• Videos longer than three minutes will not be considered (3:10 is not a deal-breaker)
• Submitted videos will not be made public. (Feel free to set to unlisted.) Playing portions ONLY of the video may be made public after getting your written approval to do so.
• Only videos that include both the entrants bass story and playing sample will be considered
• Video quality is irrelevant, just make sure your bass can be heard and your hands are visible.
• If you are chosen to be a recipient you must be willing to send a photo of you with your bass and the book. This is your thank you to the donors!
• All video entries must be received by October 10th, 2021
• Recipients will be notified by November 10th, 2021