Deliberate Practice For Bass Guitar 2.0
Deliberate Practice For Bass Guitar 2.0: How To Practice For Constant And Consistent Improvement…
You’ve heard the cliche practice makes perfect, right?
Then there’s the variation attributed to a sports coach: practice doesn’t make perfect, perfect practice makes perfect. The deliberate practice version of this line is: perfect practice makes mental representations.
Do you know what mental representations are?
Mental representations are the “mental models” that practicing creates. The research concluded that the main element that distinguished elite chess players from average chess players were the quantity and quality of the mental representations that their hours of study and practice had produced.
It’s the same for every discipline.
The good news? Mental representations are a natural by-product of practice.
The bad news? Most people don’t know how to practice effectively.
That’s where Deliberate Practice 2.0 comes in. Not only does this volume cover mental representations in more detail, but here are some of the other practice items you’ll learn:
- The 10 Principles Of Deliberate Practice (Section 2)
- The Three Types Of Practice (Introduction)
- Why 12-Month Practice Cycles Are Inefficient – And What Time Period To Use Instead (Section 3)
- What You Need To Create A Dynamic Practice System (Sections 2 and 3)
- Why You Should Never Take Bass Lessons From A Guitar Player (Section 2)
- Why Video Footage Is Better For Feedback Than One-On-One Lessons (Section 2)
- How To Practice Your Bass IQ and Your Technique At The Same Time (Section 4)
- Implementing Three Zone Learning Theory At A Micro-Level – So You Can Focus EXACTLY On What You Should Be Practicing (Section 1)
- Other Deliberate Practice Books For Cross Reference (Page 97)
- A Simple Three-Minute Exercise To Identify If Your Existing Practice Exercises Are Leading To Improvement (Introduction)
- Why I Got Asked For My Card At A Driving Range Though I Don’t Play Golf – (Introduction)
- Thoughts On Goal Setting For Bass (Section 4)
- How To Use The 80-20 Principle To Work Out What NOT To Practice (Section 1)
The best time to learn how to practice properly was 10 years ago. The second best time is now.
Deliberate Practice For Bass is available on Amazon.com