Here is a book suitable for all musicians wanting to do the “Band Thing”. Touted as the “Road Map for any musician”, I would call it more of an “Atlas”!
Loaded with a wealth of detailed information, this book can take you from the initial moment you start to consider joining a band up to successful professional gigging. There are useful hints for the neophyte, (Such as the obvious need for reliable transportation to and from gigs) to tips that a Pro could use. (Like, How to create your Press Kit).
To give you an idea just how thorough this book is, just let me list the chapters.
- Preparing yourself to play in a band
- Considering what kind of band to form or join.
- Finding musicians or a band
- Auditioning musicians for your band or auditioning to join a band.
- Pulling your band together
- Recording a demo to get gigs and market your band
- Creating your band’s promotional materials
- Finding gigs for your band
- Promoting your gigs
- Preparing for your gig
- Playing the gig
- Building and maintaining momentum
In summary, this book provides a practical view to aspiring performers and can serve as a solid reference to the most seasoned veterans of the music profession.
Available online at amazon.com