New device from Tritonlab company – Sunburst bass preamp/overdrive.
This pedal uses jFET emulation of a tube amplifier. This circuit technology enriches the signal with even harmonics, which makes the sound similar to the tube amplification.
On the top panel are two filter switches: Low and Mid shift, which increase the ability to adjust the sound.
In addition, it is possible to switch to BOOST mode, adding a drive. In BOOST mode, the BLEND knob becomes active to blend the clean signal with the processed signal.
The external supply voltage of 9 V is converted to an operating voltage inside the pedal to 33 V. This has made it possible to achieve good dynamics (headroom).
The Sunburst pedal offers the following features:
- Classical passive 3 band Marshalltone stack + PRESENCE knob
- Die-cast aluminum cases offer unprecedented durability
- Two toggle switches for Low and Mid shifting
- Footswitchable BOOST mode
- DI output
- True bypass on/off switch
- 9-volt external power supply and standard DC input
The Sunburst pedal carry street prices of €170. They’re can be purchased directly from the Tritonlab online store at www.triton-lab.com