Gear News: CHARVEL Introduces Two New Pro-Mod San Dimas Bass Guitars
CHARVEL Introduces Two New Pro-Mod San Dimas Bass Guitars, the Pro-Mod San Dimas® Bass PJ V and PJ IV…
For the seasoned player who defies the status quo and demands more from a high-performance hot rod bass, the brand-new Charvel® Pro-Mod San Dimas ® Basses – PJ V and PJ IV – do it all by combining modern appointments with throwback Charvel® DNA.
The sleek alder body shape is a familiar one—straight from the original Charvel® basses of late 1970s, with the deeper cutaway that gave adventurous bassists effortless upper-register access. The super-thin bolton maple Charvel® speed neck is crafted in the original style, with a gorgeous caramelized treatment, graphite reinforcement and heel-mount truss rod wheel for easy adjustment.
- Four or Five-string model with 34” scale length
- Alder body
- Bolt-on caramelized maple “slim C” speed neck with graphite reinforcement and hand-rubbed satin urethane back finish
- 12”-16” compound radius caramelized maple fingerboard with rolled edges, 20 jumbo frets and cream dot inlays
- Luminlay side dots
- Heel-mount truss rod adjustment wheel
- DiMarzio Model J DP123 bridge and DiMarzio Model P DP122 middle pickups, each with black covers – or – DiMarzio Area J DP551 bridge and Charvel® 5-String Split-Coil P middle pickups, each with black covers
- Master volume control with push/pull selector to engage or bypass active EQ circuit, pickup blend control and three-band active EQ (bass, mid and treble) controls
- Charvel ® HiMass ™ bridge
- Graph Tech TUSQ XL nut, open-gear tuners, vintage-style disc string tree, and oversized strap buttons
Metallic Black and Platinum Pearl
Available in March