New Gear: Spector Introduces NS Pulse II Basses
Spector Musical Instruments announces an expansion of its NS Pulse series of basses with the introduction of NS Pulse II instruments, which include several new colors and wood choices, as well as a six-string model. These premium basses provide a uniquely comfortable playing experience for all players, featuring a three-dimensionally carved body that is a trademark of the Spector brand and represents the core of Spector’s iconic design.
New four- and five-string models are available in three durable matte finishes (Black Stain, Black Cherry and Ultra Violet). Six-string models are available in Black Stain only. NS Pulse II basses feature a highly figured quilted maple top and swamp ash body paired with a three-piece roasted maple bolt-on neck, complete with a Macassar ebony fingerboard. The roasting process results in a neck that provides enhanced stability & resonance, while the Macassar ebony fingerboard ensures clear note definition and projection.
These models are also equipped with EMG active pickups and TonePump Jr. pre-amp, a combination that yields a range of impressive and aggressive noise-free tones. Additional features include a locking bridge, illuminating side dots and a custom 12th-fret inlay. Spector Musical Instruments Global Brand Manager John Stippell remarks, “Since their release in late 2020, NS Pulse basses have quickly become some of the best-selling and most talked-about instruments in our catalog. The NS Pulse II updates the aesthetic of this series with three of Spector’s most adored finishes and a host of pro-level features.”
Spector NS Pulse II specifications:
- Four- and five-string NS Pulse II basses available in Black Stain, Black Cherry and Ultra Violet matte finishes
- Six-string NS Pulse II basses available in Black Stain matte finish only
- Swamp ash body with quilted maple top
- 3-piece roasted maple neck; bolt-on
- Macassar ebony fingerboard
- 34-inch scale length on four-string; 35-inch on five- and six-string
- Spector 12th-fret inlay, illuminating side dots
- Active pickups: EMG P/J (four-string), EMG 40DC (five-string), EMG 45DC (six-string)
- Spector TonePump Jr. pre-amp
- Black hardware
Spector NS Pulse II basses are now available in four-, five- and six-string models with U.S. MAP pricing starting at $1,299.99.
For more information, visit spectorbass.com/series/pulse-ii-series/.