New Gear: Fender Launches Troy Sanders Artist Signature P Bass
Troy Sanders Artist Signature P Bass…
On the heels of Mastodon’s 2023 tour announcement for their latest album, Hushed and Grim, Troy Sanders is announcing the launch of his upcoming Fender artist signature bass, the Fender® Troy Sanders Precision Bass®.
Gaining commercial and critical acclaim with a sound that continues to evolve over 20 years and 8 full-length releases, the Grammy-award-winning metal heavyweights truly defy categorization. Troy Sanders’ behemoth bass playing has anchored the band over the length of their career, grounding Mastodon’s ever-expanding sonic landscapes in epic, prehistoric heaviness.
The Troy Sanders Precision Bass® — the ultimate weapon for heavy metal enthusiasts, designed in collaboration with Mastodon’s Troy Sanders. With colossal power, a custom-voiced preamp and distinctive Mastodon-inspired details, this bass delivers the crushing power and sonic mayhem of Mastodon right to your fingertips.
- Pickup Power: Loaded with colossal power and tuned to perfection with Tim Shaw-designed split-coil precision bass® and single-coil jazz bass pickups
- Active Circuitry: Includes a custom-voiced 18V preamp for instant power-boost
- Rock Solid Bridge: Sports a Fender HiMass vintage bridge to ultimate stability and tone.
- Signature Finish: The alder body and headstock are finished in Troy’s signature Silverburst finish and a distinctive chromed control plate.
- Neck Construction: Features a sturdy maple neck with custom ‘70s P-bass® “C” shape and 9.5”-radius slab rosewood fingerboard with pearloid block inlays and 20 medium jumbo frets.
- Distinctive Markings: Uses Sanders’ own signature decal on the back of the headstock, while the neck plate displays a Mastodon “Remission” logo and the inlays feature a custom “Emperor of Sand” icon at the 12th fret.