Walking the Changes, A documentary film exploring the evolution of the double bass in jazz.
“In Jazz, as in most music, the bass is the bottom line.”
This brand-new film centers around pivotal moments in the double bass history. Featuring exclusive interviews and performances with the bass players who’ve pushed the boundaries of rhythm-section playing, elevating the instrument from a mere time-keeping role to visionary composers and improvisers.
Walking the Changes Interviews will Include:
- Dave Holland (Miles Davis, Herbie Hancock, Joe Henderson)
- Larry Grenadier (Brad Mehldau, Pat Metheny)
- Ron Carter (Miles Davis, McCoy Tyner, Lee Morgan)
- Avishai Cohen (Chick Corea, Herbie Hancock)
- Chris Minh Doky (Michael Brecker, Mike Stern)
- Liran Donin (Led Bib)
- Stanley Clarke (Return to Forever)
- Steve Rodby (Pat Metheny Group)
- Phil Palombi (Joe Lovano, The Village Vanguard Orchestra)
- Lars Danielsson (Dave Liebman, John Abercrombie)
- John Patitucci (Chick Corea, Wayne Shorter)
- Christian McBride (Diana Krall, Roy Haynes, Wynton Marsalis)
- Jon Thorne (Lamb)
- Jasper Hoiby (Phronesis, Planet B)
- and many more!
Walking the Changes | Legends of Double Bass in Jazz available via Kickstarter here