Joined on: October 11th, 2010
Andreas Farmakalidis is a freelance acoustic & electric bass player based in CA. Since graduating -magna cum laude- from the esteemed Berklee College of Music (BMus) as well as from Brandeis University (MA) has gained wide ranging international experience as a performer as well as educator focusing on music analysis. Andreas has shared the stage with many national acts such as: aika (www.aikahirahara.com), Candlebox ,WAR, Ryan Cabrera, Heleen Schuttevaer , Nicolas Farmakalidis, Nikolas Metaxas (Xfactor) and Steven Adler (Guns n Roses) as well as many premier local acts. In addition, Andreas has been collaborating with neilaproductions (www.neilaproductions.com, Marty Friedman-Megadeth, Ayaka Hiarahara), which is a Boston Based production Company, since January 2004. Moreover, he has toured all over USA and Europe including performances in most of the major Music festivals such as North Sea Jazz festival, 2005 European Bass Day, Florida Music Festival, SXSW, NXNE, Summerfest among many others. Andreas is currently using and endorsing Gallien Krueger amps.
Recent Posts by Andreas Farmakalidis
- Tomohiko Ohkanda – Bass Musician Magazine, March 2015 Issue
- Tony Grey – Hopeful and Open, November 2014 Issue
- Marianne's Wish - Bleeding Love Bass Transcription
- I Can't Make You Love Me, Featuring Bassist Giuseppe Patane'
- Interview with Bass Legend Glenn Hughes
- EMG Geezer Butler Pickups Review
- YES, with Chris Squire, to Release New Studio Album ‘Heaven & Earth’
- Giuseppe Patane': The Da Vinci of Bass – Bass Musician Magazine, February 2014 NAMM Issue
- Japanese Version - Jiro Okada, Japan’s Melodic Superstar by Andreas Farmakalidis: Bass Musician Magazine April 2013
- Jiro Okada Time Warp Transcription